Friday, March 6, 2009

PodCast- Your PodCast

This is the script of my PodCast.

I didn't have any trouble deciding what to make my lesson about. I am not going to be in my classroom on St. Patrick's Day so I made my podcast about Ireland and St. Patrick's Day. This way I can make sure my students get the information i wanted them to and I don't miss out completely.
First I wrote my script and timed myself. When I was happy with it I downloaded Audacity. I used it to record myself and add some quiet Irish introduction music. (If it was too loud my students would start dancing and not hear the lesson).
Next I made a PodBean Account and uploaded my file. This took a little work to convert the file to an MP3. Next I published it on my new PodBean account and created the link on this blog.

Hope you enjoy it!


CSOs:
SS.O.01.05.03 identify characteristics of the past and contributions of heroic people using sources such as stories, folk tales, pictures, poems,
songs, legends, holdings and customs, and organize historical data.
SS.O.01.05.04 investigate cultural differences through celebrations, holidays and family traditions to build empathy and understanding for individuals

ISTE NETS
1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments. Teachers:
a. promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.

2. Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS•S. Teachers:
a. design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.

3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
c.communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats.