Saturday, March 7, 2009

Powerpoint Shows/Web Page

I have created my PowerPoint. I had to do it on the computers at the school where I teach because I don't have PowerPoint on my computer (huge inconvenience). My next step was to save it as a show and as a website. I had no problems saving it as a show and a web page. My problems occurred using my FTP server. I tried for DAYS to get it to open. I have never been so frustrated with technology! After trying over 100 times one time it just opened. I quickly saved the three different types of files. I didn't have any problem opening the web page link. The show went well too but I can't see it because I don't have PowerPoint.

This is my PowerPoint web page.


This is my Show.

PowerPoints can be used in tons of ways for students. They can create their own, or you can use them to support your lesson. They can even be the visual aid for the whole lesson.
This one that I used was made for my first grade students to help them recognize coins and the dollar bill.
We also have used them to make their own presentation on a topic, displaying their ability to design and apply their skills using a digital tool.
CSOs

M.O.1.4.6


identify, count, trade and organize the following coins and bill to display a variety of price values from real-life examples with a total
value of 100 cents or less.
• penny
• nickel
• dime
• quarter
• dollar bill


ISTE NETS

a.
design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.


c.
communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats.