Sunday, February 22, 2009

Online Graphics - Crappy Graphics

Below is my "Crappy graphic". I created it for my first graders as a supplement to our Reading story, which is about dinosaurs. We are also learning about sorting in Math so this came at a good time because I can share the Venn Diagram as a way to sort information.


This assignment gave me the chance to learn something new. I have never made a Venn Diagram any other way than to draw it. I wish I could allow my students to actually make their own online, but I wouldn't trust them not to navigate away to inappropriate material. Plus the name is inappropriate for first graders. Even though, just showing them the diagram from the computer (projecting it) will hold their attention better. Anything from the computer is "so cool".



The following ISTE/NET were addressed in this assignment.
1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity. Teachers:
c. promote student reflection using collaborative tools to reveal and clarify students' conceptual understanding and thinking, planning, and creative processes.
2. Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
a. design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.