Monday, May 4, 2009

WebQuest

I was worried about this assignment, but it turned out to be my favorite one. I really got into making the site with all the links and information. I even got to use it! I "borrowed" a 3rd grade class for a couple computer lab sessions and put them to work. They really loved working on the projects. I will upload one of their projects in a couple of days. I think that my WebQuest is a HEAT 4 maybe 5 since it is for 3rd graders who don't have much technology background.


My process- I simply looked at a lot of other WebQuest and decided what I did and did not like about them. Then I got started. I went to google sites and started with the home page. I played around a little and learned how to make other pages and link them to the navigation. I also learned how to link a page in the site to another page in the site. I actually worked while I was having a yard sale. I got to show off my work to some shoppers! They were very impressed. All-in-all it went very well. I didn't really hit any snags.

I decided to do my lesson on West Virginia. There are a lot of things about our state that many students don't know. I wanted to use the internet as much as possible to teach proper searching skills. Like I said I actually got to use my WebQuest and it turned out well. I had such a variety of WV topics covered and we all learned a lot.

So check out my West Virginia Research WebQuest.

ISTE NETS
3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society. Teachers:
a.
demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations.

d. model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning.